[AUCTeX] Tell auctex where the Tex installation is located

From: Saul
Subject: [AUCTeX] Tell auctex where the Tex installation is located
Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2010 21:38:18 -0400

Hi,

First of all, sorry if I'm asking the wrong questions in the wrong
forum, however I don't know where to ask.

Under windows 7 I installed a modified version of emacs
(http://vgoulet.act.ulaval.ca/en/ressources/emacs/windows). This version
has the advantage of having auctex whitin it, so you don't have to
compile it. Now, the problem is that I can't compile not even a
simple tex file. The message I get is:

LaTeX: problems after [0] pages

As posted somewhere else
(http://www.mail-archive.com/address@hidden/msg02942.html) I belive the
problem is that emacs/auctex doesn't know where the Tex installation is,
since I have a non-standard installation (more info:
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1464095&highlight=auctex)

So the question is, how can I tell auctex where the Tex installation is
located?

I must mention that in another machine I haven't had any problems. In
fact I just installed the modified emacs version and it worked out of
the box. More over comparing both installations, especifically the
auctex options I've found the following:

Within Tex Macro Global
d:/texlive/2009/texmf-dist/bibtex/bst/
d:/texlive/2009/texmf-dist/tex/
d:/texlive/2009/../texmf-local/bibtex/bst/
d:/texlive/2009/../texmf-local/tex/
d:/texlive/2009/texmf/tex/
d:/texlive/2009/texmf-var/tex/

and

Whithin Tex Check Path
d:/texlive/2009/texmf-dist/bibtex/bst/
d:/texlive/2009/texmf-dist/tex/
d:/texlive/2009/../texmf-local/bibtex/bst/
d:/texlive/2009/../texmf-local/tex/
d:/texlive/2009/texmf/tex/
d:/texlive/2009/texmf-var/tex/

According to this I modified the auctex options but the error persists

Thanks in advance,

Saúl