[AUCTeX] Re: Redefining the context engine

From: Marcus Frings
Subject: [AUCTeX] Re: Redefining the context engine
Date: Tue, 09 Nov 2010 09:38:36 +0100

* Luis Finotti <address@hidden> wrote:

> (setq TeX-view-program-list '(("Okular" "okular %o#src:%n%b")))
                                                    ^^^^^^^^^ Where did
you find these options?

> opens okular on the correct position.  Now, there is only one thing
> that still is not perfect: the method on the manual to jump to the
> position of the text is C-v.  This works, but opens a new okular,
> instead of updating the position of the already opened one.  Does
> anyone know if this can be changed?

If you find out please let me know. Well, according to the manual the
viewer should always be opened at the right position of the text, even
without this "#src:%n%b":

,----[
http://www.gnu.org/software/auctex/manual/auctex/I_002fO-Correlation.html ]
| Forward search happens automatically upon calling the viewer, e.g. by
| typing C-c C-v (TeX-view). This will open the viewer or bring it to
| front and display the output page corresponding to the position of point
| in the source file. AUCTeX will automatically pass the necessary command
| line options to the viewer for this to happen.
`----

That's why I always used "%o" only.

Best regards,
Marcus
--
Soldier: "This is the worst part. The calm before the battle."
Fry:     "And then the battle is not so bad?"