Re: [AUCTeX] Useful to me, maybe to others: preview beamer frame

From: Mirko Vukovic
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] Useful to me, maybe to others: preview beamer frame
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2010 21:51:13 -0500

On Wed, Nov 10, 2010 at 3:55 PM, Ralf Angeli <address@hidden> wrote:
* Mirko Vukovic (2010-11-10) writes:

> I use the following elisp code to preview beamer frames in ghostview.  So,
> unlike the preview mode, the frame preview is viewed in an external
> application.  I find it easier to view the preview while I am typing in the
> corrections to the source buffer.
>
> I am sure this code can be cleaned up considerably using proper elisp and
> auctex constructs.  So, I am looking forward to corrections :-)  Also, this
> can be included into auctex' beamer support.

Why don't you just use `C-c .' to mark the frame environment and then
`C-c C-r' to compile and view the marked environment?

Well, I did not carefully read the manual

I tried using the C-c ./C-c C-r combo, and it works fine.  I just have to make sure
not to be inside one of the frame's sub-environments.

Thank you,

Mirko