Re: [AUCTeX] Re: How to make biber the default?

From: Ralf Angeli
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] Re: How to make biber the default?
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2011 16:15:30 +0100

* Marcus Frings (2011-01-12) writes:

> * Ralf Angeli <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> If you always use biber you can customize `TeX-command-BibTeX'.
>
> Well, I don't always use biber but for a large document I'm working on
> /now/ I switched to biber completely. So I changed the above mentioned
> variable in my local emacs_tex.el.

If you only need it for certain files you can also set it as a file
variable.

>> Theoretically the variable could also be set automatically and
>> buffer-locally by a style file for biblatex.  However, the style system
>> does not pick up key=value options, so no "biber" style will show up
>> when calling `TeX-style-list'.
>
> Hm, sorry, this paragraph I don't understand. Will it be possible for
> future versions of AUCTeX to automatically detect the bibliography
> backend that should be used for the specific document? Of course this is
> not urgent but I think it would be a nice feature request/wishlist.

That would require the style system to be able to cope with key=value
options.  If the keys and values are only dumped into the list of
strings we have now, the implementation would not require much effort.
But doing it right would probably require to be able to associate
package options with the package and values of key=value options with
their keys.  And that would likely be a greater undertaking.