[AUCTeX] View with Evince and I/O Correlation hangs on prompt

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: [AUCTeX] View with Evince and I/O Correlation hangs on prompt
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2011 10:12:50 +0100

Hi all,

I'd like to use Evince for viewing PDF and DVI files.  Therefore, I
added

(setq TeX-view-program-selection
      '((output-html "xdg-open")
        (output-pdf "Evince")
        (output-dvi "Evince")))

to my .emacs.  That works if I/O Correlation mode is off, but if it is
on, the View prompt hangs.  That is, I don't get the expected command
line defined in `TeX-view-program-list-builtin' presented, aka

  evince -p <page> <file>

but instead nothing happens until I hit C-g.

I use AUCTeX-11.86 from ELPA.

Bye,
Tassilo