Re: [AUCTeX] View with Evince and I/O Correlation hangs on prompt

From: Ralf Angeli
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] View with Evince and I/O Correlation hangs on prompt
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2011 21:39:47 +0100

* Tassilo Horn (2011-01-24) writes:

> Yeah, and I can reproduce it only if I additionally use the xetex
> TeX-engine.

Sorry, but I still cannot reproduce the problem.  I used the following
file as a minimal example together with `emacs -Q -l auctex':

\documentclass{article}
\begin{document}
foo
\end{document}

%%% Local Variables:
%%% mode: latex
%%% TeX-master: t
%%% TeX-PDF-mode: t
%%% TeX-source-correlate-mode: t
%%% TeX-engine: xetex
%%% TeX-view-program-selection: ((output-html "xdg-open") (output-pdf "Evince")
(output-dvi "Evince")))
%%% End:

> Here's the backtrace:
>
> Debugger entered--Lisp error: (quit)
>   call-process("synctex" nil (#<buffer  *string-output*> nil) nil "view" "-i"
> "18:0:transformation-diss.tex" "-o" "transformation-diss.pdf")

Looks like the call to synctex is hanging.  What happens if you call
synctex in the directory directly from a terminal with the following
command line?

syntex view -i 18:0:transformation-diss.tex -o transformation-diss.pdf