[AUCTeX] Re: Customizing pdfLaTeX for a particular file with AUCTeX (ori

From: Faheem Mitha
Subject: [AUCTeX] Re: Customizing pdfLaTeX for a particular file with AUCTeX (original question posted to tex.sx)
Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2011 21:37:39 +0000 (UTC)

On Sun, 20 Mar 2011 18:20:26 +0100, Ralf Angeli <address@hidden> wrote:

> FWIW, this is working fine in vanilla versions of Emacs and AUCTeX.
> Development versions, in my case.

Hi Ralf,

(essentially repeating with I wrote to Marcus)

1) So, you don't have any idea what is causing this problem? Is there
any clearly identifiable patch in upstream for this issue? Is it
reproducible in vanilla 11.86?

2) Do you know whether

%%% Local Variables:
%%% LaTeX-command: "latex -shell-escape"
%%% End:

is necessary or will just

%%% LaTeX-command: "latex -shell-escape"

work? This has some bearing on which answer I accept on the tex.sx
question. As I wrote in the question, emacs seems to notice the former
version, and produces a warning, but doesn't seem to notice the latter
version at all.

                                                       Regards, Faheem