Re: [AUCTeX] meetingmins.elc

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] meetingmins.elc
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2013 10:24:56 +0100

David Kastrup <address@hidden> writes:

Hi David,

>>> I just noticed this file, meetingmins.elc, and had just started
>>> using meetingmins in latex for agenda, meeting minutes, etc.  Now
>>> the question I have is: how do I use meetingmins.elc?
>>
>> meetingmins.el[c] is not part of AUCTeX, but it seems some distros
>> [1] use AUCTeX to parse your latex distros packages and include the
>> generated style files in their AUCTeX packages.  If that's the case,
>> the file probably resides in some auctex/auto/ directory.
>>
>> If it's such a generated style file, you don't have to do anything to
>> use it.  If your document has a \usepackage{meetingmins}, AUCTeX will
>> load the style automatically and the completion (e.g., C-c RET, C-c
>> C-e) will offer you the macros/environments defined by
>> meetingmins.sty automatically.
>
> _If_ you have configured automatic parsing of documents which defaults
> to "off" to accommodate people whose interest in TeX is restricted to
> read-only.

Yes, right.  But since the AUCTeX docs suggest enabling the parsing on
the very first page, I guess most users simply follow that advice.

,----[ (info "(auctex)Top") ]
|    If you want to make AUCTeX aware of style files and multi-file
| documents right away, insert the following in your `.emacs' file.
|
|      (setq TeX-auto-save t)
|      (setq TeX-parse-self t)
|      (setq-default TeX-master nil)
`----

I've forgotten the [1] link in my previous mail:

http://rpmfind.net/linux/RPM/opensuse/factory/noarch/emacs-auctex-11.86-14.19.noarch.html

So it seems that at least OpenSuse distributes many pre-generated style
files with auctex.

Bye,
Tassilo