Re: [AUCTeX] emacs24 from debian unstable

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] emacs24 from debian unstable
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2013 11:13:08 +0200

Tassilo Horn <address@hidden> writes:

>> If you are interested in a given D-Bus service, you could apply
>> `dbus-ping' instead, like
>>
>>        (dbus-ping :session "org.gnome.evince.Daemon" 500)
>
> Hm, I think the signature of the important FindDocument method changed
> several times, so I'll keep the `dbus-introspect-get-method' check.  Do
> I need to `dbus-ping' beforehand in order to autoload the service if
> it's not already running?

Don't know whether it is needed. But it wouldn't hurt, and if the
service is already running, there's no performance penalty.

But maybe there are people who dislike autoload of the daemon. In that
case you could use the code snippet described in the doc-string of
`dbus-ping'. It's *your* use case, after all :-)

> Bye,
> Tassilo

Best regards, Michael.