Re: [AUCTeX] No Math icon in emacs menu for windows7

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] No Math icon in emacs menu for windows7
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2013 08:48:10 +0200

CaoJin <address@hidden> writes:

Hi Cao,

> I setuped emacs + auctex in windows7. My problem is that there is no
> icon of each math symbol from "Math" menu in emacs, as it shows in
> linux system when I open a .tex file.
>
> Is there any way to make the math icon appear in windows?

Those are actually no icons but unicode symbols.  This feature is only
available if the toolkit emacs is built with supports displaying unicode
symbols in the menu bar.  Right now, it is only enabled for GTK.

What's the value of `LaTeX-math-menu-unicode'?  Here it is

,----[ C-h v LaTeX-math-menu-unicode RET ]
| LaTeX-math-menu-unicode is a variable defined in `latex.el'.
| Its value is t
|
| Documentation:
| Whether the LaTeX menu should try using Unicode for effect.
`----

and I guess yours is nil.  You could try setting it to t in your
~/.emacs before AUCTeX gets loaded, but I'm not sure if it will work on
windows.

Bye,
Tassilo