Re: [AUCTeX] Preview problems when using a certain document class

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] Preview problems when using a certain document class
Date: Fri, 06 Sep 2013 17:24:25 +0200

Mark Jago <address@hidden> writes:

>> I suspect that lipics wants to be run in pdf mode.  Try throwing your
>> buffer in PDF mode with
>>
>> C-c C-t C-p
>
> Hey! The preview now works! Thank you very much. May I take the
> opportunity to ask what the solution actually does. Is running in pdf
> mode similar to pdflatex compared to latex?

It is _exactly_ running pdflatex rather than latex (note that
preview-latex is quite faster in DVI mode, spectacularly so if you have
Dvipng installed, so if you have large documents with lots of math that
does not require pdflatex, DVI mode may be preferable)

> Is it possible to always run in pdf mode or will this break something
> else perhaps?

Sure.

M-x customize-variable RET TeX-PDF-mode RET

and don't forget to save for future sessions.  That is the default
setting when AUCTeX has no other information.

--
David Kastrup