Re: [AUCTeX] TeX-parse-self and \input files

From: Mandar Mitra
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] TeX-parse-self and \input files
Date: Mon, 9 Sep 2013 12:58:50 +0530

Hi Mosè,

> if your current document isn't in ~/latex you have to help AUCTeX to
> find the style file belonging to macros.tex.  Customize the variable
> `TeX-auto-private' or `TeX-style-private', see

Thanks for your response. Here are the variable values:

TeX-auto-private - /home/mandar/latex/auto/ (call this D1)
TeX-style-private - /home/mandar/.emacs.d/auctex/style (call this D2)

D1 contains macros.el with a current timestamp (and a whole bunch of
other "auto" files), D2 contains only tabu.el.

I just ran TeX-auto-generate in macros.tex, and here's macros.el:
(TeX-add-style-hook "macros"
 (lambda ()
    (TeX-add-symbols
     "helvetica"
     "helveticasmall"
     "helveticabig"
     "helveticao")))
These correspond to 4 \newfont commands in macros.tex, but everything
else (newcommands, renewcommands, usepackages) appears to be ignored. In
particular, there is no TeX-run-style-hooks entry.

So the problem appears to be that macros.tex is not being properly
parsed. I'd be grateful for any pointers to what I might be doing wrong.
Thanks,
Mandar.