Re: [AUCTeX] TeX-command-master strange behavior since 11.87

From: Mosè Giordano
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] TeX-command-master strange behavior since 11.87
Date: Sat, 2 Aug 2014 20:09:44 +0200

Hi,

> Hello
>
> Since 11.87 version unlike 11.86 version, TeX-command-master no longer
> offers to compile a new document and immediately launches the View command.
> Of course, View command fails.
> Is that a bug or should I configure any variable to get the 11.86 behavior ?

You only need to save the buffer before issuing C-c C-c.  Anyway, what
you described isn't an intended behavior and has been fixed in the git
version of AUCTeX with this patch:
http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/auctex.git/diff/tex-buf.el?id=927b05897e8528feb51e131ef4373847c3965392
 If you manage to install this change into your local installation of
AUCTeX, you'll be able to save a C-x C-s before running C-c C-c ;-)

Bye,
Mosè