Re: [AUCTeX] have AUCTeX insert the encoding as local variable specifica

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] have AUCTeX insert the encoding as local variable specification
Date: Sat, 29 Nov 2014 09:45:31 +0100

jfbu <address@hidden> writes:

> Le 28/11/2014 21:18, Mosè Giordano a écrit :
>> Wrong!  latexenc package, shipped with GNU Emacs (don't know about
>> XEmacs), does exactly that.  [...]
>>     [...]
>> Bye,
>> Mosè
>
> For people who could have fallen in the same
> trap as myself (but these people will have
> to be as antiquated as myself):
>
> I had from many years back a customization of
>     file-coding-system-alist
> which assigned some default coding to .tex extension
> (lately it was utf-8
>
> Hence I never benefited from the
>     latexenc-find-file-coding-system
> which is the default configuration for .tex since
> (if I got it right) GNU Emacs 22.
>
> Makes me think that there could be a one-time-only
> parsing of the .emacs and customization files when
> a new Emacs major release is first executed by the
> user, so as to signal possible mis-configuration.

customize-changed-options is an interactive autoloaded Lisp function
in `cus-edit.el'.

It is bound to <menu-bar> <options> <customize>
<customize-changed-options>.

(customize-changed-options &optional SINCE-VERSION)

Customize all settings whose meanings have changed in Emacs itself.
This includes new user options and faces, and new customization
groups, as well as older options and faces whose meanings or
default values have changed since the previous major Emacs
release.

With argument SINCE-VERSION (a string), customize all settings
that were added or redefined since that version.

[back]

--
David Kastrup