Re: [AUCTeX] minor releases

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] minor releases
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2015 08:52:59 +0200

Mosè Giordano <address@hidden> writes:

>> But we could test (executable-find "tex") top-level and message a big
>> fat warning if that returns nil, and we might also test `system-type'
>> to give a Mac-specific warning.
>
> Please find attached a patch.

Yes, looks good.  I'd go with

(when (and (member ..)
           (not (executable-find ...)))
   ...)

to have one layer of indentation less but that's just cosmetic.  And I'd
test for `TeX-command' instead of hard-coding "tex".  Or maybe even
better, just check the first word in `command' which has already been
expanded.

> Actually, my idea would be to do something like what we do with viewer
> binaries, ie add an optional entry to `TeX-command-list' elements with
> the name of the binary to be checked.  And maybe define also a
> `TeX-command-list-builtin' to avoid problems.  But I think to
> implement these ideas after rolling the new release.

Not sure if that's worth the trouble.

Bye,
Tassilo