Re: [AUCTeX] ConTeXt MkIV Support

From: Mosè Giordano
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] ConTeXt MkIV Support
Date: Fri, 2 Sep 2016 09:43:40 +0200

Hi Tobias,

> Hello AucTeX TeAm,
>

> since your release note:
>

> Basic support to ConTeXt Mark IV has been added. Users can now select the
> Mark version to be used with new option ConTeXt-Mark-version, and AUCTeX is
> able to catch error messages in the output log of a Mark IV document.
>

> I have been tried the most current versions of AucTeX and (Gnu)Emacs to
> switch on the mystery ConTeXt-Mark-version option because I work with ConTeXt
> Mkiv and so I am very keen on using the new AucTeX ConTeXt Mark IV support!
> BUT: It is simply not there?!
>

> Tested with auctex-11.89.3/4/5 and emacs-24.3/4/5
>

> Could you tell me what’s wrong, please?

The variable is defined in file "context.el", that means that you have
to open a ConTeXt file (so that the file will be loaded) in order to
be able to customize the variable with `M-x customize-variable RET
ConTeXt-Mark-version RET'.  However, you can also set it in your init
file with:

    (setq ConTeXt-Mark-version "IV")

Hope this helps.

Bye,