Re: [AUCTeX] Clean intermediate aux files in multifile docs

From: Mosè Giordano
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] Clean intermediate aux files in multifile docs
Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2017 15:40:48 +0100

Hi Uwe,

> Dear all,
>
> In AUCTeX there's the nice 'Clean' command to purge the working
> directory from intermediate files. However, in multifile documents it
> leaves behind all the .aux files with base names different from the base
> name of the master file.

This is true only if you use `\include', right?  When inserting
secondary files with `\input' there is only a single auxiliary file.

> I know about LaTeX-clean-intermediate-suffixes where it is possible to
> add more filename extensions. But is it also possible to make 'Clean'
> (and 'Clean all') aware of all .aux files created by multifile
> documents?

This isn't easy to fix right now in AUCTeX because it doesn't store
the list of included files (or at least I'm not aware of that).
RefTeX does this, see `reftex-all-document-files' function.  Patches
are welcome.

Bye,
Mosè