Re: [AUCTeX] TeX-clean in multifile document

From: Mosè Giordano
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] TeX-clean in multifile document
Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2018 19:24:03 +0100

Hi Greg,

> Hi,
>
> Say you are working on a multifile document with file1.tex, file2.tex, etc,
> and
> with the master file masterfile.tex.  It's handy to clean up the generated
> files
> with TeX-clean.  However, TeX-clean will only delete files which have the base
> name of the master file, i.e., masterfile.*.  But TeX also generates .aux
> files
> for file1.tex, file2.tex, etc., and these are not deleted.  Is there a way to
> have TeX-clean delete these files as well?  Or is there any reason this would
> not be a good idea?
>
> (I tried putting "*\\.aux" in TeX-clean-default-intermediate-suffixes list of
> extensions, but it didn't work.)
>
> This is mostly a matter of convenience, but I'm curious if it's possible.

I guess you're "\include"ing the files, rather than "\input"ting them,
right?  I agree it would be a good idea to clean up the auxiliary
files for secondary files, but the way AUCTeX currently records the
names of the included files this isn't supereasy.  They're listed in
`TeX-active-styles', but mixed together with classes and packages, so
it's difficult to extract just the names of the included files.

Unless you have a real need to use "\include", with "\input" you don't
have multiple auxiliary files.

Bye,
Mosè