[AUCTeX] Insert counter in Emacs tex file

From: Rodolfo Medina
Subject: [AUCTeX] Insert counter in Emacs tex file
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2018 21:48:17 +0200

Hi all...

In a MusiXTeX document, you insert several \bar(s) TeX commands, that I
manually count typing a number next to each occurence of `\bar':

 \bar %1
 \bar %2
 \bar %3

and so on.  Of course, it gets very uncomfortable when editing the document and
adding, in the middle of it, new \bar-s: then I have to re-write all the
numbers, that may be dozens or hundreds...!  So I was wondering if was possible
to have an automatic \bar numbering within my Emacs tex file...

Thanks for any help,

Rodolfo