[AUCTeX] Feature request / question re: TeX-master

From: Mandar Mitra
Subject: [AUCTeX] Feature request / question re: TeX-master
Date: Sat, 5 Jan 2019 21:03:12 +0530

Suppose I'd like to use a single file to create beamer slides for classroom
presentation, as well as more detailed notes for self-study. I'm using the
workflow suggested in Section 21.2.2 of v 3.07 of the Beamer User Guide. To
wit, the actual content is in content.tex, and included in slides.tex
(documentclass beamer) and notes.tex (documentclass article).

When I save changes to content.tex and recompile, I'd like both slides.pdf and
notes.pdf to be regenerated. As far as I can tell, the current way to do this
is to set TeX-master to 'shared and run C-c C-c once each for the two pdf
files, or to use a makefile like setup.

Would it make sense to let TeX-master be possibly a list? Would this be likely
to create problems / pose difficulties?

Thanks for any feedback,
mandar.