Re: [AUCTeX] Non-ASCII LaTeX labels (was Re: Headache: filenames with Um

From: Ikumi Keita
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] Non-ASCII LaTeX labels (was Re: Headache: filenames with Umlaut under Windows, backward search gives error)
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2019 17:13:59 +0900

Hi Jean,

>>> I guess you are using RefTeX.  Have you tried the variable
>>> `reftex-label-illegal-re'?  It might be good for you to customize it to
>>> "[^-a-zA-Z0-9_+=:;,.[:multibyte:]]".
>>>
>>> (That value may be too loose, however.  I don't know what range of
>>> unicode characters are allowed for LaTeX labels.)
>>
>> Hi Keita
>>
>> So far, none.

> Hmm ... I spoke too fast

> \label{ééééà} and \ref

> works already as long as I add  \usepackage[T1]{fontenc}

> (not even needed to have french as class option and babel package)

> Sadly I don't have time now to provided a better answer,
> as I must quit my computer now

> I never used such exotic label hence was not informed enough
> and should not have replied to add noise

> Best

Actually, Japanese (u)pLaTeX are extended to allow Japanese characters
for labels alreadly, so I have customized `reftex-label-illegal-re' to
"[^-a-zA-Z0-9_+=:;,.[:multibyte:]]" since unicode-based Emacs was
released.  I didn't test whether the current pdflatex allows non-ASCII
labels or not :-).

Best,
Ikumi Keita