Re: AUCTeX 12.2 released

From: Joost Kremers
Subject: Re: AUCTeX 12.2 released
Date: Fri, 01 Nov 2019 10:11:15 +0100

On Wed, Oct 30 2019, address@hidden wrote:
A new method is implemented in preview-latex to adjust the
foreground colors of generated images to those of Emacs, when the LaTeX command produces PDF. The traditional method became invalid
because of the change introduced in Ghostscript 9.27.
Unfortunately, the new method doesn't work due to a bug in
Ghostscript 9.27 and is valid only for Ghostscript > 9.27. There
is also a fallback method for gs 9.27 users which displays plain
"black on white" images. For successful function of preview-latex,
the users are encouraged to set up the new user option
'preview-pdf-color-adjust-method' to choose appropriate option
among the three: new, traditional and fallback method.

I have gs 9.26, but with `preview-pdf-color-adjust-method' set to `compatible', I don't get any images at all. Or, more precisely, I get blank images of maybe 2x2cm, see first screenshot:

PNG image

The second screenshot shows what it looks like when I set `preview-pdf-color-adjust-method' to t:

PNG image

The foreground color is black, which I guess is expected, but at least I can see an image. :-)

(As per my other message, I use XeLaTeX to compile my documents, so that's used for preview as well. Don't know if that changes things.)

TIA

Joost

--
Joost Kremers