Re: LaTeX-math-list: Binding on key sequences?

From: Vladimir Lomov
Subject: Re: LaTeX-math-list: Binding on key sequences?
Date: Fri, 9 Jul 2021 12:40:14 +0800

Hello,
** Heiko Schröder <heikos@online.de> [2021-07-08 12:52:26 +0200]:

> In AUCTeXs math-mode nearly all letters of the keyboard are bound to greek
> letters.

> Thererfore they are not available any more for commands, that are often
> used.

> I would like to bind e.g. the command for the letter ''alpha'' to the key
> sequence ''g a''.

> In /LaTeX-math-default /the command  ''varepsilon'' is bound to ''v e''.
> The complete list is

> (''v e''  ''varepsilon''  ''Greek Lowercase'' 949)

> I am suprised, because the manual says, that the first component must be a
> single character, but not a string.

>  I tried:

> (setq LaTeX-math-list

>      '((''g a''  ''alpha'' ''Greek Lowercase'' 945)))

> with no success, as I expected.  Why was it possible to bind ''varepsilon''
> to a key sequence?

> Isn't it possible for normal users?  ;-)

> Thanks a lot for your ideas!

Sorry, no real help but you may look into cdlatex (minor mode) (I use both:
AUCTeX and CDLaTeX).

> Heiko

---
WBR, Vladimir Lomov

--
> Also another major deciding factor is availability of source code.
> It just gives everybody a warm fuzzy feeling knowing that there is
> source code available to the product you are using.  It allows everybody
> to improve on the product and fix bugs etc. sooner than the author(s)
> would get the time/chance to.

I think this is one the really BIG reasons for the snowball/onslaught
of Linux and the wealth of stuff available that gets enhanced faster
than the real vendors can keep up.
        -- Norman