Re: LaTeX-math-list: Binding on key sequences?

From: Ikumi Keita
Subject: Re: LaTeX-math-list: Binding on key sequences?
Date: Sat, 10 Jul 2021 19:33:50 +0900

> This is the contents of my .emacs (after snip).  Aftwards (after snap)
> there is the output of TeX-submit-bug-report

> on the function eval-after-load as well.

The following init.el works for me, i.e., after restarting emacs 27.1 on
windows 10 and typing C-x C-f abc.tex RET, key sequence "# g a" inserts
"\alpha" in newly created buffer.

The only differences from the contents you sent is that I commented out
(load-file "~/.emacs.d/macros/mymacros")
and
(diary)
, as well as I restrict the value of package-selected-packages to just
`auctex'. (Private function definitions and key customization over "C-c
LETTER" aren't relevant here.)
It's very unlikely that `diary' is related to this issue, I
guess something in your "~/.emacs.d/macros/mymacros" causes problem.

Please test with the following init file first. I.e.,
(1) Backup your current ".emacs"
(2) Save the following contents as ".emacs" (or ".emacs.d/init.el")
(3) Restart emacs
(4) Open some LaTeX document
(5) Type "# g a" and see what happens.

If that inserts "\alpha", then it's sure that
"~/.emacs.d/macros/mymacros" is problematic.

Regards,
Ikumi Keita

;; Added by Package.el.  This must come before configurations of
;; installed packages.  Don't delete this line.  If you don't want it,
;; just comment it out by adding a semicolon to the start of the line.
;; You may delete these explanatory comments.
(package-initialize)

(custom-set-variables
 ;; custom-set-variables was added by Custom.
 '(LaTeX-math-list '((97 "alpha" "Greek Lowercase" 945)))
 '(inhibit-startup-screen t)
 '(package-archives
   '(("gnu" . "https://elpa.gnu.org/packages/";)
     ("melpa" . "https://melpa.org/packages/";)))
 '(package-selected-packages '(auctex)))
(custom-set-faces
 ;; custom-set-faces was added by Custom.
 )

(add-hook 'LaTeX-mode-hook 'LaTeX-math-mode)

(setq LaTeX-math-abbrev-prefix "#")
(setq TeX-electric-sub-and-superscript t)
(setq TeX-insert-braces nil)
(setq LaTeX-electric-left-right-brace t)

;; (load-file "~/.emacs.d/macros/mymacros")

(eval-after-load "latex"
  '(progn
     ;; Remove default <g> binding.
     (setq LaTeX-math-default
       (delq (assq ?g LaTeX-math-default) LaTeX-math-default))
     ;; Clear and remake keymap.
     (setq LaTeX-math-keymap (make-sparse-keymap))
     (setq LaTeX-math-list
       '(("g a" "alpha" "Greek Lowercase" 945)))
     (LaTeX-math-initialize)
     ;; Bind new keymap.
     (define-key LaTeX-math-mode-map
           (LaTeX-math-abbrev-prefix) LaTeX-math-keymap)))

;(diary)