Re: Multiple TeX-masters

From: Kourosh Kalayeh
Subject: Re: Multiple TeX-masters
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2021 22:42:57 -0400

Hi Tassilo,

Thank you for your response and sorry for the confusion.  I meant (b) i.e.,
each of those “logical” sections are separate files.

> With a personal_macros.tex file which you include in multiple documents,
> you'd usually set TeX-master to the symbol `shared'.

This is great, how can I set TeX-master to the symbol ‘shared’?

Also, does changing TeX-master in my “personal_macros.sty” only affect my
ability to compile my master file in “personal_macros.sty”.  What I mean is
that if TeX-master in “personal_macros.sty” is set to “specific_aims.tex” and I
use the same “personal_macros.sty” for “background_and_goals.tex” the only
thing that I will be missing is the ability to compile
“background_and_goals.tex” from “personal_macros.sty”, is that right?
Basically, my main concern is to makes sure that AUCTeX knows all the packages
that I have imported in personal macros whether I am in “specific_aims.tex” or
“background_and_goals.tex”.

Thanks,
Kourosh