Re: Some LaTeX commands, such as \boldsymbol and \hspace, can't be compl

From: Hongyi Zhao
Subject: Re: Some LaTeX commands, such as \boldsymbol and \hspace, can't be completed in AUCTeX.
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 2021 07:37:11 +0800

On Thu, Dec 9, 2021 at 4:35 AM Arash Esbati <arash@gnu.org> wrote:

> Hongyi Zhao <hongyi.zhao@gmail.com> writes:
>
> > I have also checked the variable `Info-directory-list`, and see the
> > following entry in it:
> >
> > "/home/werner/.emacs.d/straight/build/auctex/"
> >
> > Then I checked the doc directory as shown below:
> >
> > $ ls /home/werner/.emacs.d/straight/build/auctex/doc/
> > auctex.info    history.texi         preview-faq.texi       tex-ref.pdf
> > auctex.info-1  install.texi         preview-latex.info     tex-ref.tex
> > auctex.info-2  intro.texi           preview-latex.texi     todo.texi
> > auctex.texi    macros.texi          preview-problems.texi  version.texi
> > changes.texi   Makefile             preview-readme.texi    wininstall.texi
> > copying.texi   Makefile.in          preview-todo.texi
> > faq.texi       preview-dtxdoc.pl    quickstart.texi
> > fdl.texi       preview-dtxdoc.texi  tex-ref.log
>
> Why don't you tell Emacs about the
>
>     /home/werner/.emacs.d/straight/build/auctex/doc/
>                                                 ^^^
>
> directory?  Maybe that helps finding the auctex.info file.  There is
> `Info-additional-directory-list'.
>
> ,----[ C-h v Info-additional-directory-list RET ]
> | Info-additional-directory-list is a variable defined in ‘info.el’.
> |
> | Its value is nil
> |
> | List of additional directories to search for Info documentation files.
> | These directories are searched after those in ‘Info-directory-list’.
> |
> |   You can customize this variable.
> |
> `----

I've added the following code snippet to my init file:

(eval-after-load 'info
  '(add-to-list 'Info-additional-directory-list
                (concat (straight--build-dir "auctex") "doc")))

Then I will see the Info-additional-directory-list as follows by `C-h
v Info-additional-directory-list RET`:

Info-additional-directory-list is a variable defined in ‘info.el’.

Its value is ("/home/werner/.emacs.d/straight/build/auctex/doc")
Original value was nil

But even so, the auctex info node still doesn't appear in the INFO
tree when I hit `C-h i RET`.

HZ