Re: \hyperref macro seems to confuse paren matching

From: Arash Esbati
Subject: Re: \hyperref macro seems to confuse paren matching
Date: Wed, 08 Jun 2022 19:56:54 +0200

Hi Jean-François,

jfbu <jfbu@free.fr> writes:

> Thanks for looking into this.

Thanks for testing.

> It does not seem to work with my set-up.
>
> The screenshot is taken with .emacs file reduced to this

Ok, I fetched mic-paren.el (v3.15) from here[1] and did:

 • emacs -Q
 • evaled your code below adjusted to my HD
 • Opened a new .tex file and inserted your code, and it looks like
   this:

PNG image

I suspect you still have somewhere some AUCTeX code which adds
"hyperref" to `LaTeX-verbatim-macros-with-braces-local'.  The value of
it looks like this in my test file:

  LaTeX-verbatim-macros-with-braces-local is a variable defined in ‘latex.el’.

  Its value is
  ("href" "hyperimage" "hyperbaseurl" "nolinkurl" "url" "path")
  Local in buffer hyperref-test.tex; global value is nil

Note that "hyperref" is missing.

Do have also AUCTeX installed from ELPA or auto-parse information from
your test file in auto/ directory?  These are things come to my mind as
source of trouble.

> (add-hook 'LaTeX-mode-hook
>         '(lambda nil
>            (paren-toggle-matching-quoted-paren 1)
>            (paren-toggle-matching-paired-delimiter 1)
>           )

You don't have to quote lambda, you can write this also like this:

(add-hook 'LaTeX-mode-hook
          (lambda nil
            (paren-toggle-matching-quoted-paren 1)
            (paren-toggle-matching-paired-delimiter 1)))

Best, Arash

Footnotes:
[1]  https://www.gnuvola.org/software/j/mic-paren/