autoconf-archive-maintainers

Re: ax_pthread.m4

From: Peter Simons
Subject: Re: ax_pthread.m4
Date: Fri, 05 Aug 2011 19:17:38 +0200

Hi Brian,

 > I'm getting the following warning when trying to use the pthread m4:
 > [...]

I believe those warnings have been fixed in a recent commit in Git.
Could you please try whether they still occur using serial version 16 of
the macro? It's available for download here:

http://git.savannah.gnu.org/gitweb/?p=autoconf-archive.git;a=blob_plain;f=m4/ax_pthread.m4

 > I'd be happy to put this in an issue tracking system, but I couldn't
 > find any mention of one in the documentation.

Yes, that is true. We, the Autoconf Archive maintainers, make an effort
to address bugs and problems, but we cannot deal with the subject matter
of 489 separate macros, so, generally speaking, bugs should be reported
to the macro authors. Sending a Cc to this mailing list is a good idea,
though, because sometimes one of us can help, too.

Take care,
Peter