autoconf-archive-maintainers

[patch #7601] ax_lib_sqlite3 could use C compiler to check for the libra

From: Peter Simons
Subject: [patch #7601] ax_lib_sqlite3 could use C compiler to check for the library but not the C++ compiler
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2011 11:52:37 +0000

Update of patch #7601 (project autoconf-archive):

             Assigned to:                    None => simons

Follow-up Comment #1:

Thank you very much for the patch.

I noticed that it modifies use of CPPFLAGS to CFLAGS in a number of places,
and I wonder whether that is really what you intented to do. CPPFLAGS is for
flags that ought to be passed to *pre-processor*; those flags are used by both
the C and the C++ compiler. (C++-specific flags are stored in CXXFLAGS). So,
it shouldn't be necessary to use CFLAGS instead of CPPFLAGS to check for
sqlite3 with the C compiler. Arguably, it's even wrong to put "-I" options
into CFLAGS (although it is probably going to work).

In other words, switching use of CPPFLAGS to CFLAGS seems to be unnecessary
for what your patch is trying to accomplish.

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/patch/?7601>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.gnu.org/