autoconf-archive-maintainers

[patch #8847] AX_PTHREAD: improve support for Solaris

From: Daniel Richard G.
Subject: [patch #8847] AX_PTHREAD: improve support for Solaris
Date: Tue, 09 Feb 2016 08:40:52 +0000

Follow-up Comment #1, patch #8847 (project autoconf-archive):

Hi Alan,

I've been working on this as well, alongside improvements to the Clang support
in AX_PTHREAD:

    http://savannah.gnu.org/patch/?8186

Could you try out the -draft3.m4 version of the macro that is attached to that
patch record?

One thing I see in the flags you are returning: _REENTRANT should be
implicitly defined by the compiler when -mt is passed in; this flag should not
be defined manually. (In fact, I've updated part of the macro to check for
this implicit definition, as it's a good hint that POSIX threads support has
been correctly enabled.)

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/patch/?8847>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.gnu.org/