About config.status

From: Xue Fuqiao
Subject: About config.status
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2013 20:39:27 +0800

Hi list,

In (info "(autoconf) Output"):

  Every Autoconf script, e.g., 'configure.ac', should finish by calling
  'AC_OUTPUT'.
[...]
 -- Macro: AC_OUTPUT
     Generate 'config.status' and launch it.  Call this macro once, at
     the end of 'configure.ac'.

It seems that `config.status' is generated by autoconf (from
configure.ac), but (info "(autoconf) config.status Invocation")
indicates that `config.status' is generated by `configure'.  I've read
(info "(autoconf) FAQ"), but it didn't help.  Can anyone point me in the
right direction?

--
http://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/