Re: Using AC_LIB_HAVE_LINKFLAGS with non standard named libraries genera

From: Johan Persson
Subject: Re: Using AC_LIB_HAVE_LINKFLAGS with non standard named libraries generates "non-POSIX" automake error?
Date: Sat, 23 Nov 2013 00:29:08 +0100

On 2013-11-22 23:55, Eric Blake wrote:

> On 11/22/2013 03:40 PM, Johan Persson wrote:
>
>> However one of the libraries I need to configure is named "libusb-1.0.so"
>> but if I use "usb-1.0" as the library name in the call to the macro this
>> will the generate an illegal variable name that automake chokes on.
>> SRC/MAKEFILE.AM:19: WARNING: LIBUSB-1.0: NON-POSIX VARIABLE NAME
>
> Needs more context. Can you boil it down to a minimal configure.ac and
> Makefile.am that reproduce the problem of using just that library, so
> <SNIP>

Fortunately that is easy (for once). The following trivial combo shows
the problem.

autoconf.ac :

AC_PREREQ([2.69])
AC_INIT([myprog],[0.0.1])
AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE([-Wall])
AC_CONFIG_FILES([
Makefile
])
AC_LIB_HAVE_LINKFLAGS([[usb-1.0]],[],[],[],[libusb-1.0 Library needed.])
AC_OUTPUT

Makefile.am :

bin_PROGRAMS = a
SUBDIRS = .