Re: Release Autoconf 2.70

From: Gavin Smith
Subject: Re: Release Autoconf 2.70
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2016 23:53:02 +0100

On 20 July 2016 at 22:31, Zack Weinberg <address@hidden> wrote:
> I'm also interested in seeing a release in the near future.  Is there
> any way people without commit rights (e.g. me) can help?

The obvious answer would be for you to get commit rights. Hopefully
you could agree with the Autoconf maintainers what had to be done
before a release, so you could do this work. If they didn't trust you
to do this work then you could do it on a different branch within the
revision control system to give them a chance to review it. If the
existing Autoconf maintainers don't even have time for that, then
really it needs new maintainers. That's my opinion, anyway.