Re: More an autopackage

From: Bob Friesenhahn
Subject: Re: More an autopackage
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2001 21:02:09 -0600 (CST)

On Thu, 18 Jan 2001, Geoffrey Wossum wrote:

> > > Anyway, here's some of my thoughts about it:
> > > 1) written in Python
> >
> > Wouldn't Perl5 be a more widely acceptable choice?  Considerably so?
> > (Indeed, isn't automake already in Perl?  Why choose something different?
> > Especially when that something is considerably less widely installed?)
>
> I originally considered Perl5, basically because automake is in Perl

Aren't we supposed to use GNU guile for all FSF-supported script-based
tools? In fact, isn't Automake itself intended to be eventually
re-written in guile?

If you don't like the current languages that guile supports, you can
always write a Python implementation that runs under guile (as they
did for Tcl) and implement using Python syntax.

Ducking and running ...

Bob
Bob Friesenhahn
address@hidden