Re: Automake 1.5 - depcomp not added to DIST_COMMON

From: Robert Collins
Subject: Re: Automake 1.5 - depcomp not added to DIST_COMMON
Date: 28 Aug 2001 17:01:27 +1000

On 28 Aug 2001 02:43:09 -0400, Pavel Roskin wrote:
> Hello!
>
> It looks like I just found a serious bug in Automake 1.5.  Perhaps the
> Automake team should follow the example of Autoconf and concentrate on
> making bugfix releases until (almost) everybody is happy.
>
> The problem is that Automake doesn't add depcomp to DIST_COMMON if
>
> 1) the sources are in the subdirectory and
> 2) depcomp doesn't already exist in the top-level directory.
>
> The problem seems to be more generic, i.e. it's not specific to the
> "depcomp" script.  The same happens with the "compile" script.  So I put
> testing for both into the same test.

I saw this, and was about to submit a fault...
depcomp and compile - and only depcomp and compile weren't getting into
DIST_COMMON, with or without a cfg_aux dir (and configure.in setting).

I found that after removing all the autotool stuff in my build dir, it
came good?!?

I suspect that config.cache or config.status had something in it that
affected this.

Rob