Re: target-specific rules and solaris make?

From: Richard Boulton
Subject: Re: target-specific rules and solaris make?
Date: 09 Sep 2001 19:41:19 +0100

> From some rapid examination of the documentation, I do not see any way
> of doing it.

*sigh*

Perhaps the ./ solution is best.

Alternatively, how about assigning the name to a variable, and using
that instead.  ie:

foo_test-foo-test.$(OBJEXT): foo-test.c
        $(CC) $(DEFS) $(INCLUDES) $(AM_CPPFLAGS) $(CPPFLAGS)
$(foo_test_CFLAGS) $(CFLAGS) -c -o foo_test-foo-test.$(OBJEXT)
`AMFILENAME=foo-test.c test -f $AMFILENAME || echo
'$(srcdir)/'`foo-test.c

(Is that method of assignment portable?  I always have to look that it
up.  If not, the above with a portable assignment... ;-) )

The above seems slightly better since it won't fail if the filename is
an absolute path (though how that would happen I'm not sure)

Just a suggestion.

--
Richard