Re: conditional sources with libtool error?

From: Tim Van Holder
Subject: Re: conditional sources with libtool error?
Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2001 17:56:23 +0200

> Well this first way didn't work:
> automake (I had to use an old 1.4... but I think this doesn't
> change the thing)
I think it might.  I know 1.5 is much better at conditional stuff.
But you could be right.

> >   TASKOBJ=wtask.$OBJEXT # or TASKOBJ='wtask.$(OBJEXT)'; your choice
> at this point only way 2 (TASKOBJ='wtask.$(OBJEXT)' worked reliable.

OK, seemed the cleanest too.

> I changed it again to address@hidden@, now automake didn't
> complain any more, but the file wasn't compiled anyway :(

That's odd.
Are there any rules for a wtask and pthread object in Makefile.in?
Maybe automake only generated .lo rules; try using TASKOBJ="blah.lo"
instead of "blah.$(OBJEXT)" in configure.ac.