Re: Newbie: Shared library with subdirs & convenience libs

From: Αλέξανδρος Καρυπίδης (Alexandros Karypidis)
Subject: Re: Newbie: Shared library with subdirs & convenience libs
Date: Sun, 3 Feb 2002 13:37:27 +0200

> >> I have found a workaround.  It seems that automake generates a rule
> >> to build a library, only if XXX_la_SOURCES is defined.
> >>
> >> libgather_la_SOURCES = gather.c
> >> The gather.c is an empty file (created with "touch gather.c").
> >> Is there a way to make this work without the gather.c file?
>
> Try:
>
>     libgather_la_SOURCES =
>
> I suspect but am not certain that this is fixed in 1.5.
> If not, I'll try to fix it.

This is what I was using since the beginning.  I just tried it once again to
make sure, but it fails.  Note however that I am using version 1.4 of
automake.  I'll grab a copy of 1.5 in the following days and try it.  If it
doesn't work, I'll send you a tgz with my sample project's dir structure
so that you can check it out.

--- CUT HERE ---
make[2]: Entering directory `/offline/MyWork/Code/C/gnu_build_sys/src'
rpath /usr/local/lib   lib1/libgoodbye1.la lib2/libgoodbye2.la
make[2]: rpath: Command not found
make[2]: [libgather.la] Error 127 (ignored)
--- CUT HERE ---