Re: Autoconf 2.53 is released

From: Bruce Korb
Subject: Re: Autoconf 2.53 is released
Date: Fri, 08 Mar 2002 17:57:52 -0800

Akim Demaille wrote:

> The Autoconf team is extremely pleased to announce Autoconf 2.53.  We
> hope it will address your problems, and make your life easier.

> - Double quoting macros
>   AC_TRY_CPP, AC_TRY_COMPILE, AC_TRY_LINK and AC_TRY_RUN.

FYI:  this will teach me for upgrading without thorough testing.
I double quoted the program arguments like you said I should,
only to find that when I upgraded I was overquoted and it trashed
*my* release.  In the future, I cannot recommend strongly enough
that when you change interfaces like this, CHANGE THE NAME, TOO!