Re: building Objective-C code with automake

From: F J Franklin
Subject: Re: building Objective-C code with automake
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2002 13:03:12 +0000 (GMT)

On Tue, 12 Mar 2002, Major A wrote:
> I would like to use automake with autoconf to build a project written
> in Objective C. What is the easiest way of doing that?
>
> All I have done so far is to create a standard configure.in (with a
> test for libobjc) and a standard Makefile.am with "test_SOURCES =
> test.m".
>
> When I run automake, it complains in the following way:
>
>   automake: src/Makefile.am: Objective C source seen but `OBJC' not defined
> in `configure.in'
>
> How do I define OBJC in configure.in?

As far as I can tell, to get Objective C working you need to define OBJC
and OBJCFLAGS in configure.*

On Darwin you could probably just add the following lines in configure.*:

OBJC="cc"
OBJCFLAGS=""
AC_SUBST(OBJC)
AC_SUBST(OBJCFLAGS)

You may like to add some frameworks to OBJCFLAGS.

Regards, Frank

Francis James Franklin
address@hidden

"No, she really likes me. She told me I look like Britney Spears, and why
would you say that to somebody you don't like?"
                                                           --- Elle Woods