Two issues with automake

From: Paul Smith
Subject: Two issues with automake
Date: 21 Apr 2002 03:34:16 -0400

1) I had a line like this in my configure.in:

      test -f somefile.in && AC_OUTPUT(somefile)

   This works fine with configure, but automake really doesn't like it:

      configure.in:337: required file `./test.in' not found
      configure.in:337: required file `./-f.in' not found
      configure.in:337: required file `./&&.in' not found

   Maybe an overzealous RE match?

2) I have a situation where I want to optionally compile some different
   files if the user specified a --with-xxx flag to configure.

   In older versions of automake I just put a configure-substituted
   variable right into the xxx_SOURCES variable but that no longer
   works; I get the error "configure substitutions not allowed in
   _SOURCES variables".

   OK, that's fine, but how do I go about choosing whether to build
   those files or not now?

 Paul D. Smith <address@hidden> HASMAT--HA Software Mthds & Tools