Documentation inconsistency

From: Schleicher Ralph (LLI)
Subject: Documentation inconsistency
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2002 10:36:43 +0200

automake (GNU automake) 1.6.3

Hi,

I think there is an inconsistency between the Automake documentation and
actual program behavior.  The documentation says:

Program and Library Variables
[...]
`maude_LIBADD'
     Extra objects can be added to a static library using the `_LIBADD'
     variable.  This should be used for objects determined by
     `configure'.  Note that `_LIBADD' is not used for shared
     libraries; there you must use `_LDADD'.

But when I use `maude_LDADD' for adding extra object files to a Libtool
library, Automake says that I have to use `maude_LIBADD':

$ automake
libcmex/Makefile.am:55: use `libcmex_la_LIBADD', not `libcmex_la_LDADD'

Either the program or the documentation should be fixed.  Thanks,

--
Ralph