Re: weird flags set by configure

From: Bob Proulx
Subject: Re: weird flags set by configure
Date: Thu, 7 Nov 2002 10:52:49 -0700

Earnie Boyd <address@hidden> [2002-11-07 11:39:37 -0500]:
> address@hidden wrote:
> >Otherwise, I'm also subscribed on the list, so no need to CC me in every
> >post :-)

Then set M-F-T in your postings.

> It is a function of the mail client "Reply-All" event to add you in the
> distribution of the response.  If you don't wish personal copies as well
> as list copies then it is upto you to set the Reply-To header.

Actually M-F-T is the preferred method, although only a defacto
standard and not an official one.

  http://cr.yp.to/proto/replyto.html

If a user sets Reply-To to the list then the same problems as a list
setting Reply-To ensue.  The Reply-To should go directly to the user
and not to the list.  You would be surprised by the "interesting" list
replies which people thought was going to be private which have been
seen on lists because of this.

Bob