Re: ./Configure -> make => configure again?!?

From: Philip Willoughby
Subject: Re: ./Configure -> make => configure again?!?
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2003 14:59:29 +0000 (GMT)

Today, Jean-Guillaume Paradis (LMC) wrote:

>You see, we use CVS for our project (
>http://sourceforge.net/projects/disec if you are interested ;) ). What
>we do is to include the configure.ac and Makefile.am files in our CVS
>tree, since this isn't a "distribution", but the necessary things for
>developpers who want to change the Makefile.am files to include new
>programs etc etc. I think this is the cause of the problem, and this
>would't happen if we would only include the Makefile.in for example.
>
>So if I checkout (download) the entire project, a ./configure -> make
>will run aclocal, automake again. I tried running autoconf, automake,
>configure, (putting everything up to date) and then commiting the
>changes to the CVS repository, but another checkout did the same
>problem.

Aaaaaah it's all becoming clear.  If you use `cvs checkout', the timestamps
will be updated.  You want to use `cvs update' for your day-to-day updating
of your source tree...

This should solve it - just get everyone else on your project to use update
too or it won't help.

Regards,

Philip Willoughby

Systems Programmer, Department of Computing, Imperial College, London, UK
--
echo address@hidden | tr "bizndfohces" "pwgd9ociaku"

Why reinvent the wheel? . . . . . . . . . Because we can make it rounder...