Re: I can't set up Makefile.am for data directory & avoid 'No rule

From: cs
Subject: Re: I can't set up Makefile.am for data directory & avoid 'No rule
Date: Mon, 12 May 2003 13:42:25 -0700 (MST)

Alexandre

Thanks for the email.  I really appreciate it.  I just
checked and my data directory does NOT have a Makefile.
I have a Makefile.am in it with just EXTRA_DIST.
Running configure script did NOT create Makefile but
rather just ignored that directory.

This makes sense I think because a Makefile.am with *just*
EXTRA_DIST does not have a bin_PROGRAMS line
or a name_LIBRARIES line.  There is *nothing* to build!!!

Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think you can have
a Makefile.am in s sub-sub-directory with JUST
EXTRA_DIST files.

Chris