Re: list installed files

From: Tom Howard
Subject: Re: list installed files
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2003 18:23:24 +1000

On Friday 29 August 2003 17:56, Alexandre Duret-Lutz wrote:
> I'm afraid I have no idea what else you are expecting.

:)  Does that mean that you don't understand what I'm trying to do, or that
there isn't a way?

What I was after is that dist-X would create just the X distribution and
nothing more (current behavour for dist-gzip, dist-bzip2, etc).  The dist
(and dist-all) target would create the dist's as specified by
AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE as well as any custom dists I've created rules for.

Basically the best solution I've come up with so far is the following:

dist-src: dist-all
        list='$(EXTRA_SRC_DISTS)'; \
        for dist in $$list; do \
                $(MAKE) $(AM_MAKEFLAGS) dist-$$dist; \
        done

dist-bin:
        list='$(EXTRA_BIN_DISTS)'; \
        for dist in $$list; do \
                $(MAKE) $(AM_MAKEFLAGS) dist-$$dist; \
        done

dist2 dist-all2: dist-src dist-bin

And then all I have to do is add "foobar" to EXTRA_SRC_DISTS or
EXTRA_BIN_DISTS.

What whould be nice is if I could add dist-bin and dist-src to the dist and
dist-all targets, but I'm supect that it's not possible. Correct?

--
Tom Howard

Yahoo: bjandtomau
ICQ: 270792190