RE: Conditional Library Compilation

From: Drummonds, Scott B
Subject: RE: Conditional Library Compilation
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2004 12:09:24 -0800

From: Frederik Fouvry [mailto:address@hidden
> You can install it on other places than /usr/share or /usr/local
> (forgot which one is the default) with

But I don't own the large software project that I'm trying to modify.
If I upgrade the version of Automake to provide a feature I need in the
build environment, it will be my responsibility to validate the existing
multi-million line project against the new version.  If you're telling
me that Automake is 100% forward compatible--that I can upgrade from 1.4
to the newest version and there will be no errors in Automake
execution--then I'm on it!  But my experience leads me to believe that
this is not the case.

Scott