Re: Building the .info files in build directory.

From: Thien-Thi Nguyen
Subject: Re: Building the .info files in build directory.
Date: 06 Mar 2004 15:03:49 -0500

Kelley Cook <address@hidden> writes:

   Sorry if this is a RTFM, but I can't find it.

   The release notes for automake 1.8, mention that it changes the
   defaults to go back to building the .info files in the source
   directory since that is the GNU coding standards.

   What do I have to put in my Makefile.am to put them back to being
   built in build directory like 1.7.x did?

   FWIW, having a read only source directory is our goal.

i voiced this concern a few months back but have found neither the magic
incantation in newer releases nor the time to explore the source enough
to submit a patch.  that is to say, inclination alone is worthless. :-(

next, i offered a local programmer 150 euro to do this job but he was
busy w/ other things.  now, i have decided to save my money and not move
away from 1.7 until this feature comes back (whether by my doing or by
that of another).

that's my story -- maybe you will have better luck.

thi