CCing list replies (was: Configuring automake says autoconf 2.58 or high

From: Ralf Wildenhues
Subject: CCing list replies (was: Configuring automake says autoconf 2.58 or higher needed. Have au toconf 2.59 installed. What is/goes wrong?)
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2005 09:59:26 +0100

Hi Alexandre,

* Alexandre Duret-Lutz wrote on Sat, Jan 15, 2005 at 01:15:31PM CET:

> PS: I know this is not the first time, but I simply do not
>     understand why you respond to bug reports without Cc: the
>     reporter.  We are all losers with this: you waste your time
>     writing an answer the reporter won't read, the other people
>     on the list won't answer because someone apparently did, and
>     the reporter do not get any help, and will not send any
>     complementary information necessary to fix the bug if there
>     is really one.

This is not addressed at me, but I also had to learn the hard way
that
- some gnu.org lists but not all automatically exclude subscribers if
  they are listed in To: or Cc:.
- most gnu.org regulars do not make use of Mail-Followup-To: (or
  its use is not consistent).

I generally try to Cc: the reporter on bug-* lists and on lists where
I know the former happens.

Regards,