Mixing C and C++

From: Adams Samuel D Contr AFRL/HEDR
Subject: Mixing C and C++
Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2005 09:22:25 -0500

I am writing a new program in C++ as it can use complex numbers and C does
not have that functionality, but I am also trying to use a C library that I
wrote before for another program that handles all of the data.  It seems
that g++ has to compile the C code in order for it to be able to link the
object files and not gcc.  But, automake tries to compile c code with gcc
and c++ code with g++, but then linking breaks.  Is there some kind of
directive that I need to put in the configure.ac to get this to work, or
what am I not understanding?

Sam Adams

General Dynamics - Network Systems

Phone: 210.536.5945